Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Guilty-pleasure SPELLINGS?

Well, I love the name Zoe. It's a great name, with spunk and vivacity, and a good Greek backround. But lately I've been crushing on the spelling Zowie, even though my better sense would prevent me from ever using it : ) What about you all? Have any of you got a guilty-pleasure spelling?
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

I actually like the Zooey spelling even though some would pron. it "ZOO-ee" I'm sure

I think the one that stands out the most to me is Genoveva... it's pronounced "Jen-uh-vee-va" (like Genevieve with an A at the end) but I don't think anyone would know how to pron. it from the original spelling. I think the original spelling is prettier but I've toyed with the idea of Jennaviva just to make it easier on the child with spelling/pron. issues.

And... I like Kaitlin better than any other spelling (Kaitlyn, Caitlin, Caitlyn, Katelynn et c.) but I may be biased You're not alone!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

Genoveva, Jen-uh-vee-va, Jennaviva - why not Genaveva?

the e & i and J &G swap seem unnecessary. i guess you can be particular about the a versus o sound but it is minuscule.

think people would have an easier time with the traditional spelling.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Zowie is the spelling David Bowie gave his son... little Zowie Bowie

Zowie rhymes with owie. Is that intentional?

For me, the only time I would use an alternative spelling is if it makes the pronunciation more phonetic. I have a common name with an uncommon pronunciation, and it's caused a great deal of difficulty throughout my life. I love the name Esme, but if I used it I would spell it Esmay to prevent my daughter from experiencing the same frustration.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...