Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Guilty-pleasure SPELLINGS?

Well, I love the name Zoe. It's a great name, with spunk and vivacity, and a good Greek backround. But lately I've been crushing on the spelling Zowie, even though my better sense would prevent me from ever using it : ) What about you all? Have any of you got a guilty-pleasure spelling?
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Igantius-Jude Sebastian-Eli Augustine-Samuel Damian

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Maura Francesca

Charlotte-Freya-Elisabet-Haidée-Afton-Ishmael-Matthias-Farrow-Crispin-Percy

I actually like the Zooey spelling even though some would pron. it "ZOO-ee" I'm sure

I think the one that stands out the most to me is Genoveva... it's pronounced "Jen-uh-vee-va" (like Genevieve with an A at the end) but I don't think anyone would know how to pron. it from the original spelling. I think the original spelling is prettier but I've toyed with the idea of Jennaviva just to make it easier on the child with spelling/pron. issues.

And... I like Kaitlin better than any other spelling (Kaitlyn, Caitlin, Caitlyn, Katelynn et c.) but I may be biased You're not alone!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney

Zowie rhymes with owie. Is that intentional?

For me, the only time I would use an alternative spelling is if it makes the pronunciation more phonetic. I have a common name with an uncommon pronunciation, and it's caused a great deal of difficulty throughout my life. I love the name Esme, but if I used it I would spell it Esmay to prevent my daughter from experiencing the same frustration.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

The only one I would ever consider is Karsyn for a girl.i have no idea why, but I like this spelling much more than Carson. Strange, I know. Generally crazy spellings make my skin crawl.

My guilty pleasure spelling is also a guilty pleasure name.

I adore Sailor. I think it's spunky and just precious. However...I always go back to Saylor every time I spell it!