Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xy'Terria??

Xy'Terria??

I was recently walking by the lockers at the new school I'm working at, and I noticed some very interesting name choices. What do you all think? Are any of these legit?

Aari'Asia
    Jaliyha
    Lezerick
    Lhitney
    Mekhi
    Mi'Terriona
    Notorious
    Priah
    Quentianna
    Xy'Terria

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

I like Mekhi, but it's more of a guilty pleasure. The others, not, I don't like them or have heard any of them before.
    Fave girl combos: Anneliese Margueritte
    Fave boy combos: Benjamin Douglas nn Benji/Ben, Jackson Alexander, Josiah Joseph nn JoJo, Malachi Ry-something

Girls: Beza, Thea, Ada, Jovie, Asha, Lucy, Zia, Elise, Gianna nn Gigi, Camille, Quinn,
    Boys: Tobin nn Toby, Soren, William nn Will, Nicholas, Camden, Jameson, Elijah nn Eli, Caleb, Jacob, Thomas nn Tommy, Samuel nn Sam/Sammy, Brady, Jeremiah, Andrew, August, Jonas, Mojave

Good god, the syllable mishmashes... the random unnecessary apostrophes... I may cry.

And NOTORIOUS? Who the bloody hell would do that to a poor child?

They're all horrid.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I guarantee this is a list of the worst of the worst of naming choices in an inner-city school. I work in an inner-city middle school, and I see names like this all the time. The parents of these children have their own set of naming rules that are clearly not nameberry approved, but it also is a cultural thing. It would be weird to them to have a daughter named Olivia or a son named Liam, just like it would be weird for most of us to name our child one of these names. Does it make it OK? I don't think that is for us to judge. I, personally, would never use these names. But we see them often enough that they really are not out of the ordinary for some people.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher