Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Well, if she wants something unique, I like the german name Sanne. Another variation is Sian. Shade is unique but nice. Scarlett is not a fave but sound good with Ione. Sol. Shell. Avalon. Luthien.

BTW dantea thanks for helping me rediscover the name Lorien. It's a MN contender for Diana.

You're welcome verminator. Diana Lorien is gorgeous.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you all know what she says tomorrow. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I cry (not really... but close) when I think about how much I like Ione, but it's an outright straight up rhyme with our surname so I can't have it.

Branching out from the Greek, which you have so gorgeously covered anyway as far as ideas, I like it with ones that are two syllable with the accent on the second syllable - but not Marie, as it feels rather abused.
    Ione Tamar (was thinking the Hebrew, ta-MAR)
    Ione Celeste
    Ione Giselle
    Ione Sinead
    Ione Sabine (was thinking of the French, sa-BEEN)
    Ione Yael (ya-ELLE)
    Ione Raquel

And it sounds good with all my favourite one-syllable names too... Ione Blythe, Ione Clare, Ione Faith...

It's just a great name. *sniffle*

...That's the Greek pronunciation? My grandma was named Ione and she always pronounced it EYE-own.

But anyway, if you're going with that pronunciation, I'd definitely avoid anything that's short and ends with -ee, unless she likes it if its rhyming so closely together.

Ione Philomena or Philomine
    (It can be pronounced several ways; feel-oh-may-nah/fill-oh-may-na or feel-oh-main/fil-oh-main, or it can end in meen or meena)
    Ione Jonet
    Ione Llewellyn (I think its prettier on a girl, to be honest.)
    Ione Josephine
    Ione Seraphine
    Ione Juno
    Ione Faye
    Ione Geraldine
    Ione Millicent
    Ione Viviana
    Ione Penelope
    Ione Mariposa
    Ione Andromeda
    Ione Phaedra
    Ione Lucasta
    Ione Zephyrine
    Ione Rain
    Ione Ravena
    Ione Kismet
    Ione Phoenix
    Ione Tempest
    Ione Sky
    Ione Ember
    Ione Genesis
    Ione Acantha
    Ione Rue
    Ione Desdemona
    Ione Elspeth
    Ione Gaia
    Ione Calypso
    Ione Callisto
    Ione Titania
    Ione Cassiopeia
    Ione Bellatrix
    Ione Aurora

phew.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen