Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magdalene

Magdalene

So in trying to figure out a middle name for Sarah this morning I was pushing my case with dh for using Magdalen as a middle name. The parish that dh and I were married at was St. Mary Magdalen. Plus this baby is due on Easter (Mary Magdalene was the first witness of the resurrected Jesus). This got me thinking about Magdalen or Magdalene as a potential first name. DH said he's open to it if I'm passionate about it. I think I had Magdalen on my list 12 years ago when I was pregnant with my first. What do you guys think about the name in general? Will it constantly be misheard as Madeline? Is Magdalene a better spelling? With my other girls I went with the spelling use on icons, medals, churches, etc. In this case both Magdalen and Magdalene seem acceptable.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

I definitely prefer it with the 'e' at the end.
    It makes the name more clear when written.

BTW, I love the personal and historical associations your baby will have with the name! It will make it all the more precious to her!

Magdalen/Magdalene is a beautiful name and very appropriate since your due around Easter.

I like the name spelled either way.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Oh, and if it's going to go on my list I should have asked for middle name ideas. Hubby is always trying to use my first name, Laura, as a middle. But Laura always sounds bad in the middle. I think an "M" middle might be fun.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

I like Sarah Magdalene
    Mommy to Carter James born 09.03.2013

-------Favorites------------------

Girls : Elsbeth Noelle, Carys Juliet, Melody Violet, Valentina Camille, Lila Gabrielle
    Boys: Ethan Paul, Landon Cole, Carter James, Jude Issac, Noah Vincent