Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia

Georgia

Just wanting to get some feedback on the name Georgia which is my favorite for my future baby girl. I've only recently had my first baby in March, a little boy named Sullivan Michael Charles. I love the sweetness mixed with cool of Georgia, but my only concern is the popularity of it! Do you think Georgia will be super popular in a few years' time? I love how Sullivan is so out of the ordinary...and how do you feel about Sullivan and Georgia as a sibset? Oh, also, my maiden name was George,so I love how it honours that!

Thanks in advance

I love Georgia, especially with the connection to your maiden name. I've never met a Georgia. Sullivan and Georgia would be great as siblings.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I love Georgia! And the association to your maiden name is great!
    I thought strongly about Georgia for my little one, but my last name is pronounced (although not spelled) like a type of lettuce, and I thought 'Georgia "Lettuce"' would be an incredibly awkward name. Darn it...

Anyway...
    I see Georgia slowing rising up the popularity charts as some of the other classic older names get too popular, but, honestly, I don't see it ever really topping the charts. The 'Georg' harder G sound is going to be off-putting for a lot of parents who want softer 'prettier' names for their girls.
    I, on the other hand, love the hard G 'cause I think a girl now-a-days needs a bit of sass in her! Ha!

Good luck!

I love Georgia, and I think that you have many great reasons to use it as a name. That being said, I know at least 4 children with the name Georgia. I still think you should use it though!

I adore Georgia, And I think it works well with Sullivan. I also love the connection with your maiden name.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|