Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    I prefer Florence! It's a beautiful name.

Florence.

Wren may be misspelled. Wren can be spelled Wren or Ren. Most people don't know about the bird or would think to spell it that way. Wren has a harsh and abrupt sound. Wren can also be nickname for Warren. Due to Pretty Little Liars & Footloose (both the 1984 film and 2011 remake), people who aren't familiar with the name may think it's a boy name. It's a nature name which is free range. It may become a popular boys name in the future. Florence will never be a boys name.

Florence has many more options for nicknames. It isn't true that Florence is doomed to be Flo, but Wren will always be Wren. No matter what.

Florence nicknames:

Flora, Florrie, Fleur, Flower, Floris
    Florentina, Florentine
    Fifi, Francie
    Floss, Flossie
    Follie
    Loren, Lori, Lore, Lora, Lowri
    Lawrence
    Rory, Orie
    Effie
    Cece
    Ren/Rennie/Rene

Florence is a name that suits any way your child would want to be at any stage of her life. It also looks great on a resume as well as sounding pretty spoken.

Unfortunately with the world we live in, I think Florence would fare better than Wren.
    Last edited by irmgard+theodorian; August 25th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

I much, much prefer Florence.

I don't understand the appeal of Wren as a full name. It doesn't look very pretty, and it's...a bird. Florence is underused, classic, beautiful, and still gives you the nickname '[W]ren'.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    The only Ren association i have is from the old Disney show Even Stevens and i hated the character named Ren because she was such an anal, suck-uppy know-it-all.
    I used to watch that show all the time! And then I started liking the name Wren. And then I married someone whose last name is the middle name of the actress who played Ren. Now it feels like if I named my daughter Wren it would bring back Even Stevens associations. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I would rather be named Wren and I'd rather name a daughter Wren. I'm not big on Florence.