Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I would also go with Florence. Vintage names such as this is making a serious comeback so I don't think it's seen as old lady-like as it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the name Wren, but Florence has a plethora of nickname possibilities, one of which includes Ren/Wren (Flossie, Florrie, Flo, Flor, Flora...).
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. John. Dean. Wesley (Wes). Reid. Jude. Ronan. Samuel (Sam). Gus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Rosanna (Zanna). Ivy. Margo. Sylvie. Iris. Esme. Annamarie (Anna or Marie). Greta. Piper.

Florence nickname Ren or Wren

Edit: I like Japanese names, so if I used Florence, I'd get the best of both worlds with "Ren" because its Japanese for "Water lily." But I could also see Ren growing into Rennie, which is cute to me, too.
    Last edited by yw2; August 24th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.

Wren, definitely! I see it as a kind of unexpected, quirky, sweet, tomboy, girly name..like it can fit any kind of girl, from shy and reserved to loud and outgoing. And i think it ages well.. I can picture any age female with this name, unlike Florence where all I can picture is an old lady.

Maybe it's just me but Florence has a sick medicinal taste in my mouth when I say it. I can see why people consider it a pretty name, but I just don't think it is.

And honestly, if you plan on calling a Florence "Ren" anyhow, then I'd' just go with Wren in the first place.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie

I'd definitely go with Florence. I like the versatility. There is just something I don't quite like about Wren personally, though I don't know exactly what it is. Also it is a little Ren and Stimpy to me, not that I think that is really relevant to naming a baby today.
    This seems to be really split 50/50

For myself, I would prefer Wren. It fits my personality better than Florence.

But if I were naming a baby and only had those two options I would go with Florence. It would give the child whose personality is unknown more options, Florence, Flo, Ren, Flossy.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.