Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I would also go with Florence. Vintage names such as this is making a serious comeback so I don't think it's seen as old lady-like as it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the name Wren, but Florence has a plethora of nickname possibilities, one of which includes Ren/Wren (Flossie, Florrie, Flo, Flor, Flora...).
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Griffin (Finn). Euan. John (Johnny).

Sylvie. Iris. Gwyneth (Gwen). Daphne (Effie). Piper.

Florence nickname Ren or Wren

Edit: I like Japanese names, so if I used Florence, I'd get the best of both worlds with "Ren" because its Japanese for "Water lily." But I could also see Ren growing into Rennie, which is cute to me, too.
    Last edited by yw2; August 24th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Wren, definitely! I see it as a kind of unexpected, quirky, sweet, tomboy, girly name..like it can fit any kind of girl, from shy and reserved to loud and outgoing. And i think it ages well.. I can picture any age female with this name, unlike Florence where all I can picture is an old lady.

Maybe it's just me but Florence has a sick medicinal taste in my mouth when I say it. I can see why people consider it a pretty name, but I just don't think it is.

And honestly, if you plan on calling a Florence "Ren" anyhow, then I'd' just go with Wren in the first place.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie

I'd definitely go with Florence. I like the versatility. There is just something I don't quite like about Wren personally, though I don't know exactly what it is. Also it is a little Ren and Stimpy to me, not that I think that is really relevant to naming a baby today.
    This seems to be really split 50/50

For myself, I would prefer Wren. It fits my personality better than Florence.

But if I were naming a baby and only had those two options I would go with Florence. It would give the child whose personality is unknown more options, Florence, Flo, Ren, Flossy.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.