Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I have never understood the appeal of Wren/Ren. I like nature names and bird names but this one just feels so blah to me.

The only Ren association i have is from the old Disney show Even Stevens and i hated the character named Ren because she was such an anal, suck-uppy know-it-all.

Florence seems so classy and cool to me. I have Florence on my list, and my preferred nickname for it is Flora.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Florence! ...

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    The only Ren association i have is from the old Disney show Even Stevens and i hated the character named Ren because she was such an anal, suck-uppy know-it-all.
    Ahaha, was she? Perhaps we all are
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Florence 100%. I think it's more versatile. Personally, I don't love Wren. I just think of it as masculine sounding. If you like the Wren spelling, I think it's fine to throw a W in the front of Ren for Florence's nickname. I would dislike being named Wren cause if feels short, harsh, mannish & all things aviary feel a bit dated-hipster to me. Maybe it's that "put a bird on it" Portlandia sketch or the boom in celeb babies named things like Sparrow & Birdie 5+ years ago.

I agree, Wren by a long-shot! Florence feels extremely frumpy and old-fashioned to me; I really don't see the appeal others see in it. And I'm a huge fan of Wren. So the decision's easy for me. I'd either love to be a Wren or love to give the name to a child--I love it equally. I had actually tried to figure out if it was possible for me to go by Wren as a nn, since I think it suits me so well. It's pretty much impossible to get Wren from Ashley Marie, though, haha!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George