Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Valerian

7 33.33%
  • Valentino

14 66.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Valerian vs. Valentino

Which do you like better? Either way, the name would be used for a middle name. Both flow well with the FN I am thinking of, so I can't rule either out for that reason.

Feel free to explain your answer!
    Everly Anais | Maren Astoria | Paloma Winter | Vita Olivine | Xanthe Lyra | Cleo Viviana | Gemma Eulalie | Ione Catalina | Lux Isadora | Elettra Phoebe | Delphine Kaia | Hesper Valentina | India Eleri | Juniper Zara | Ivy Atalanta

Harlan Rafferty | Lorcan Barnaby | Soren Felix | Atlas Tyrion | Zephyr Sebastian | Oberon Leo

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

I quite like both names! Ended up picking Valentino because it's closest to my preferred version: Valentine. Plus silver screen legend Rudolph Valentino gives it a sort of mysterious and seductive aura.
    Boys: Ignatius, Hieronymus, Casimir, Osias, Ludovic, Hesperus, Calixto, Aurelius
    Girls: Amarantha, Jacintha, Isannah, Chrysantha, Jonquil, Oleanna, Esmeranda

I like the sound of both, but Valentino is more recognizable as a name to me. I'm a dork, but Valerian makes me think of Game of Thrones. I'd never heard of it in another context (though I don't know how it's spelled in GoT). Of course, that could just be my ignorance. If it has meaning to you though, I think it has a nice sound: strong but smooth.

Congrats!

I chose Valerian because it has a cool, ancient sound to it. Valentino is nice, but I immediately got images of fashion models.

Valerian + Valentino have similar name meanings, "Strong" which is why I was trying to choose between them.

As for Game of Thrones, I think you are thinking of the Valyrian language? The way I pronounce it it sounds different than Valerian.
    Everly Anais | Maren Astoria | Paloma Winter | Vita Olivine | Xanthe Lyra | Cleo Viviana | Gemma Eulalie | Ione Catalina | Lux Isadora | Elettra Phoebe | Delphine Kaia | Hesper Valentina | India Eleri | Juniper Zara | Ivy Atalanta

Harlan Rafferty | Lorcan Barnaby | Soren Felix | Atlas Tyrion | Zephyr Sebastian | Oberon Leo

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde