Jarrett
    Ian (form of John)
    Ivan (form of John)
    Ewan (form of John)
    Martin

Considering:
    Jane✨Fiona✨Thea✨Alice✨Evangeline✨Bridget ✨Gwyneth
    Oren✨Lars✨Bram✨Griffin✨Jude✨Nolan✨Kier an✨Otis

Jameson Merrick is a great option. Meaning for you (in the initials & matching syllables) and the name he loves.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize I used a different spelling than you! Apparently that is the one my brain prefers, even if the rest of me isn't aware of it. I think the reason I started writing it that way was to distance the name from the whiskey brand a bit, but honestly in my answer it was not intentional. Either version is nice in my opinion, so I wanted you to know that I wasn't trying to get to you change it, I just wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry to give you something else to consider, but I'm at least glad you liked it and didn't think I was too insane, haha.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with using Merrick in the middle spot, even if your husband decides that is what he wants to call him. It doesn't mean everyone else has to call him that, and in fact it might be nice to have a special name that only his father is allowed to use. An extra little bond between just the two of them even though on a regular basis everyone else would call him Jameson/Jamison. That way you can still have your Jem (which could maybe be mommy's special nn for him?) and when your son is older he can decide which name he prefers to go by. It also seems to me that keeping the honorary initials intact would be more important to you than which name he gets called. Plenty of children are known by their middles, so if at some point you decide to call him Merrick as well, that would be perfectly acceptable, but you would still be able to honor your father with the JM ordering of his full name. =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

I actually think that John Maverick would be really awesome. Classic, strong first name that honors your dad paired with cool middle name that your husband likes.

From the other names on your list, I also like Conrad Michael, Callen Michael and John Merrick.

I really like the idea of Jamison Marrick! I don't think him being called his middle name by dad is a big deal, it's kinda sweet actually. I know a little girl who gets called a nn for her middle all the time by her dad and her first name by everyone else and it hasn't caused a problem
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~