Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ophelia vs Cordelia

Which do you prefer? And what middles would you pair them with?

*No poll, just want to hear people's opinions!

Oh, I love Cordelia! It is vintage, sweet, and dainty. My favorite kind of name. Ophelia is more exotic. I personally don't care for it at all.

I can't quite choose. I guess Ophelia, because she's a slightly more interesting character and I love the ph- sound. But I love the sounds of both.

Coincidentally, I've played siblings of both the Shakespeare characters. So I guess that might subconsciously make me prefer Ophelia...
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

They are both lovely...If to take just names, I slightly prefer Cordelia because I don't like Ophelia'a "oph" sound very much and Cordelia is also similar to DD's name. But Ophelia as a characters appeals better to me.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Ophelia is vastly more beautiful than Cordelia, to me - Cordelia has that harsh "cord" syllable. Ophelia is dainty and elegant, but also strong. It's one of my favorite names.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid