Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Naming the baby...

Is it weird that i want to name the baby? Or is it closure? And what name could we use. I have Carys could that be for both? It means love or should we keep it Bean?What did you do or know people who did this?
    Butter ball or pumpkin due November 2014

Married my best friend 05-11-13
    Riley Bean went to be the Lord Summer of 2013...almost 2 months

First off, I'm so sorry. I haven't had a loss, but I do think I would feel closure from naming the baby. I think you should do whatever will bring you peace. As it was early, you could choose something unisex or just go with what your gut feeling was about the baby's sex.

I think rather than a name at the top of my list, I'd look for a name with a meaning that spoke to me at this time (something meaning hope or faith or healing or whatnot).
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

I think you have to do what feels right for you.

When we lost our baby earlier this year, it was a Blighted Ovum... so nothing had formed after a certain point. On the ultrasound it appeared as an empty sac. To us, at the time, it really didn't feel like a baby. It felt like a major Loss. (I actually dreamed of it as a light filled with warmth.) So we chose not to name our baby.

My husband keeps thinking out loud that our loss could have been a girl, especially since we just found out that our Rainbow babies are twin boys. He thinks we lost our chance of a daughter. I can't go there. I've grieved for that loss and am looking forward to our future.

Anyway, if you feel like your baby had a name, then you should give the baby a name. No one can tell you how to grieve, it's just important that you do.

Sending hugs your way.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

we did decide Carys Riley Carys meaning love and riley meaning courage
    Butter ball or pumpkin due November 2014

Married my best friend 05-11-13
    Riley Bean went to be the Lord Summer of 2013...almost 2 months

I agree with the other posters, no one can tell you how to grieve and if naming your little angel baby helps, then do it. I am so sorry for your loss.

FYI - Carys Riley is one of the most beautiful unisex names i've heard, really stunning.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013