Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Oh, I LOVE Vivienne Gray and Philippa Winter!!! That combo is so elegant, both fairytale worthy and grounded in solid history and still not out of place in today's generation. I really hope you keep them, they're seriously stunning. There is nothing trendy about them. They are familiar but intriguing and unexpected, I think that is the perfect balance. I don't think you need to be gutsier, both names are eye catching and dashing. They are probably just sounding so familiar to you since you've thought about them so much, but even the most out there name will seem commonplace once you actually use it regularly. Seriously, your combos are missing nothing!

Love Vivienne and Philippa!! Great names. Let me just pass on a little advice that was given to me once by a fellow berry sometimes you can on paper pick the most perfect or in your case gutsy combo, and love it, and everyone may say it is great and stunning and so on...but that doesn't mean it will work on your child to me your combos have a perfect balance, not trendy, yet yes... Unexpected and delightful... Beautiful!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Absolutely love the names as is.

I did assume that the Grey/Winter thing was a seasonal theme—which is totally fine, and the names are lovely. But if Grey is a family name, is there another family name that would work for Philippa? I guess a small part of me just worries that she may feel left out having not gotten a family middle name, too.
    Two pink lines means we're now planning and not just dreaming of names! First babe, due 4/17. <3

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Arietta June, Leonora Pearl, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose

I like the original choices. For alternatives, I like Perdita rather than Persis, its a really old fashioned name. Maybe Zora rather than Zara. I do like the original choices though.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemrsb View Post
    Absolutely love the names as is.

I did assume that the Grey/Winter thing was a seasonal theme—which is totally fine, and the names are lovely. But if Grey is a family name, is there another family name that would work for Philippa? I guess a small part of me just worries that she may feel left out having not gotten a family middle name, too.
    Yeah, not really intended to be a theme! Our other family middles are just a bit boring, IMO--nothing that really goes with our choices except maybe Whitt, which is interesting but may be too choppy with out last name (rhymes with Gates). Winter just is a friend'd namesake instead of a family member, but I've always loved it and would be a little sad to see it go!

Alexandra Whitt and Vivienne Gray do go together, though.