Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When did you know you had found THE name?

I thought I found THE name. SO a few days ago I very nervously and excitedly prepared my husband for it, and built it up by explaining how I had been thinking about a daughter's name since I was a little girl, and how it was something I fantasized about more than my wedding day.

His reaction to the name was somewhat unsure. Then he got mad because I started to explain why I had not chosen a name to honor his grandma. It was a bad thing to bring up, but he had a negative reaction and then I started crying and doing my drama. He had never before really brought up the idea of using a relative's name and had already agreed on the first name Diana weeks earlier.

I feel terrible now, as I feel like I have tainted the name I wanted to use. This is the first name I have been truly excited about, and I know if I keep pushing for it, he will go along. But now I feel like guilty and that I have somehow been selfish if I use the name.
    Last edited by verminator; August 20th, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

if YOU use this name? Isn't it his baby too? He should get a say in this, not just you.
    sure, you might have fantasized more about baby names, but does that really matter? isn't more important to find a name that both of you are excited about?
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

really?

if YOU use this name? Isn't it his baby too? He should get a say in this, not just you.
    sure, you might have fantasized more about baby names, but does that really matter? isn't more important to find a name that both of you are excited about?
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

my husband and I had a top three list. He pushed really hard for the second name on the list but my mind just wouldn't budge from the first one (named after my ggma). we actually went with the third name on our list when we found out we were having a girl. If he decided on Diana tgen use it, just let him help pick out the middle name. easy solution.

'I want to clarify again that he already agreed to Diana. I let him choose all the names that aren't indian in origin, and DIana was one of his choices. So, naturally, I got to find the middle name. The issue is that I didn't like ANY of his first name choices, and wasn't excited about Diana either until I found the middle name I loved. Now he is looking for flaws it seems. It is me doing about 1,0000x the work to come up with the right name, and for him to just shoot it down is upsetting.