Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Angelique

Knowing a lot of Dominiques and Moniques my age from my hometown, -que names have a somewhat hardened, streetwise image to me. It sounds like the sort of name that wants to be fancy, but isn't. In a way it's an interesting name - I would be cautious of messing an Angelique around.

I find -line names generally fairly elegant. Angeline is quite pretty. And I like Angelica but it's frillier and Angeline is more smooth.

It's pretty, but I too prefer Angeline -- or better yet, Seraphina.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

in all variations of the name i think of Jolie, whom after the Pitt/Aniston affair, i have no respect for.

plus if you want it pronounced in French way, it never will be. your child will be correcting people everyday for the rest of her life. not worth it.

fyi according to dictionary.com the pronunciations are slightly different, yours is kinda a smoosh between the two:

English an-juh-leek & French ahn-zhey-leek
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~