Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help - Twin girls due in 2 days and no idea what to name them!

We have been struggling to pick names for our identical twin girls. Here's where we are. I would love to hear your feedback!

My daughter is Elizabeth.

Our last name is short.

My husband's favorite name is Alexandra. I am okay with this name, but am thinking of using the nn Ally if husband likes it. Edit: I am 99% sure we will use this for one of the names.

My favorite name is Clara, but am not sure I like the redundant "ah" at the end of Clara and Alexandra. My other choice to go with Clara was Lillian (nn Lily), but that was a no go. I'm also considering Caroline, which I generally like but for whatever reason it isn't feeling right. I am not stuck on these names... do you think either is okay with Alexandra? Any other suggestions that you think go better with Alexandra and Elizabeth?

Potential family names to use as middle names are Margaret, Ruth, and Rose, but am not stuck on these.

What do you all think? Ideas?
    Last edited by mrsw06; August 20th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Ooh, I see you have a taste for the classics! I think Clara and Caroline are a little too similar, with the repetitive Cs, As, Rs and Ls.

Alexandra and...
    Victoria
    Veronica
    Henrietta
    Gwendolyn
    Genevieve
    Octavia
    Penelope
    Rosalie/Rosalind
    Florence
    Wilhelmina
    Bernadette
    Sabrina

I also think Clara is okay with Alexandra, but maybe a little short.

Clara and...
    Esme
    Thalia
    Rose
    Iris
    Violet
    Brigid
    Lucy/Lucille
    Verity
    Phoebe
    Ivy

Good luck!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Congrats on your twin girls! I, too, have identical twin daughters, and an older daughter, as well! I love Alexandra with Elizabeth - classic, lovely, timeless, lots of nn possibilities! I think another vowel name, without a similar ending would be great....what about Alexandra and Isobel? Alexandra and Octavia is so pretty!
    Other great choices to go with Alexandra might be:
    Ivy
    Olivia
    Odessa
    Ondine
    Odette
    Olivienne
    Adelaide
    Ariadne
    Evadne
    Evangeline
    Evelyn
    Avalon
    Isla
    Athena
    Amorette

I like Margaret and Clara as middles! Or even Caroline and Clara! Good luck!!