Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Djuna

You know you could just do Juna.

Asher, Hazel, & Juna goes pretty good together.

Juna Violet or even Violet Juna.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Honestly, Djuna is really nms - it's begging for constant explanation, and it doesn't have any special meaning or significance to make it worthwhile in spite of that.

Maybe something like

Petra
    Theda
    Zelda
    Daphne
    Geneva
    Clio
    Lydia
    Melania
    Maude
    Drusilla

I love it spelt Djuna... I think it's cute and quirky.
    It also goes really well wiht your 5 letter sibset

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I really like Djuna, but you should probably be aware that it was a name created by Djuna Barnes's father, so it's a pretty specific reference. Have you read her books? I would assume with a daughter named Djuna that you were familiar with her work.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I absolutely love Djuna in that spelling, but I could see it being a bit confusing and it does seem a bit more bohemian than Asher and Hazel. Djuna Barnes is also a very, very strong association- not necessarily bad, but perhaps a bit much to live up to. I think Juna may be the solution- it seems a little more wearable in that spelling and fits in much better with Asher and Hazel. It's a legitimate name on its own, a variant of the ancient Junia. I'd love to see it used in either spelling!