Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Djuna

Djuna

We are having a baby girl in November but have yet to decided on a first name. We're pretty sure the middle name will be Violet. Until now, the closest we've come to an agreement on a name was Sibyl Violet but I think that ship has sailed...

I love the name Djuna ("the D is silent") but my spouse is concerned that is sounds too "bohemian" for our taste. Our other two children have more conventional or popular names - Asher and Hazel.

Any thoughts or advice regarding this name, e.g. what immediately comes to mind, do you consider it feminine, etc. Also, if you have any words of encouragement/discouragement as to the name Sibyl, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Honestly Django is the first thing that comes to mind... but I actually quite like Djuna.
    It's feminine and different.
    I like feminine/cutesy names so Sibyl isn't exactly my cup of tea (and this is just my opinion), but it is a familiar enough name so why not?

I don't think Djuna goes with Asher and Hazel. I love Sybil. And Violet, for that matter. Have you considered Violet as a first name? It's pretty perfect with your other kids.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Looks kind of made-up, I prefer the Juna spelling, which would fit better with siblings.

As for Sibyl, it makes me think of Harry Potter character Sibyl Trelawney - a dreamy, odd tea-drinker with a fondness for cats.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I love Sibyl it goes quite well with Asher and Hazel. On the other hand I do not like Djuna I much prefer Juna to that and Juna also goes better with the siblings. Djuna also makes me think of marijuana have no idea why and Juna doesn't.
    Teenage Name Lover with a unhealthy addiction to LOTR

Kitty | Adele | Rose
    Nicholas | Percy | Asa

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.