Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Djuna

I think Djuna goes great with Asher and Hazel (they're all five letters too!) and I love it. Even with the silent D. I think it's very feminine and nothing really comes to mind. You might also like Juno. I'm not a fan of Sybil.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Djuna fits so well in this sibset! I think it's pretty perfect, really! I like Sibyl as well, it has an air of sophistication. Djuna has a playful sound, but I thought of Djuna Barnes right away and that namesake gives a sweet-sounding name a bit more heft. I also remember that Djuna was the name of a character in a Woody Allen movie. Not sure what the title was, but look into it, it's a cute film. Speaking of films, Sibyl has a bit of a bad reference that seems to have stuck with everyone in the 50+ age bracket. A TV movie about a woman with mental illness. I don't know if this matters to you, but I'm sure it could raise a few eyebrows of some middle aged Lifetime Movie fans!

I don't care for it-the silent D seems like it would be a constant issue. Simple Juna, June or Juno would be better (in my opinion.) I also like the idea of Sibyl with Asher and Hazel.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I think Djuna is a neat name. You (or your daughter for that matter) will have to deal with the constant silent "D" issue. I think it would go well with Asher and Hazel, but so does Sibyl.

Djuna Violet
    Violet Djuna
    Sybil Violet
    Violet Sybil

I don't particularly like the way Sybil flows with Violet, Djuna Violet flows best, in my opinion.
    2004 xy- Orion Johnathan, 2006 xy- Sage Elysium, 2010 xx- Cerridwen Willow, 2011 xy- Rowan Audric
    Dec. 2013 xx- ????

Mandolin, Eve, Maeve, Fiona, Guinevere, Scarlett, Maiwenn, Carys, Sinead