Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Opinions on Solace

Hi!
    What do you think of the name Solace? I came across it in the book Solace of the Road by Siobhan Dowd. In it, the main character, Holly, calls herself Solace when she runs away. I really like Solace and I think it could make a nice middle. What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Solace is one of my favourite word names. There was a much-loved politician here in my city who died shortly before his daughter was to give birth to his grandchild. She called her little girl Solace because she gave her comfort in her loss. This story just made me like the name even more.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love, adore this name. I'm the one who suggested it to Appellation Mountain, in fact!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Solace is gorgeous, so so pretty. It's one of those words that feel so exactly like its meaning.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Solace is really cool! Mercy is going on the rise so I don't see how Solace wouldn't work.

Solace also reminds me of Tempest, though one is peaceful, the other is stormy. I kind of think they would be cool sibling names. lol
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen