Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Opinion on the name Halo?

Recently, I have been loving the name Halo, for a girl. I like girl names that end in "o" like Willow but Halo just seems so angelic and beautiful. My first daughter I plan on naming Harper, like an angel's harp so I thought maybe for a second daughter, Halo would sync well. Some people think of the game Halo, but I'm not into video games and if anything I believe people would think more about an actual halo than some video game when they see this name. What do you think about this name?
    Future Names:

Girls:
    Harper, Athena, Phoebe, Lola, Violet, Eloise

Boys:
    Cooper, Roman, Leo,

Halo is very unusual, but I like it, and I think Harper and Halo would make adorable sisters.
    Emilia Isabel Claire•Nahla Anjali Rose
    Liliana Tallulah Grace•Ivy Emilia Pearl

Elijah Leon Delaine•Micah Isaac James
    Delaine Legrande Wilder•Silas John Paul

Carson•Israel•Rowan•Abram•Leland

Annesley•Indira•Sienna•Luna•Scarlett

Names like Angela, Angeline and Angelique are common... so why not Halo?
    I will admit the video game connotation (i've dated a few gamers) kind of sullied the name for me at least.
    It's fine conceptually though.

I love it! Very beautiful! Harper & Halo sound nice together, but I personally wouldn't pair them together. Harper is a very popular unisex name, and Halo is uncommon and unusual. Maybe it's just me, but when I think of pairing names together, I like for them to have similar levels of popularity. I would hate for one child to have a super popular/common name, and for the other to have a super unusual one. Especially if they're the same gender.
    twenty, virgo, college student,
    lover of nature, fairy tales, and anything fantasy˙·٠(◡‿◡✿)

I don't do video games, but I thought of that game when I read the post title. Halo does work with names like Harper, Haven, Heaven, ect...so why not Halo? The video game association & the angel theme isn't for me, but it works!