Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Making a "new" name out of Chandra...?

So happy I stumbled upon this site and found that there are other name fanatics like me! Who better to pose this question/challenge to...

So... CHANDRA. I love the sound and feel of it, but want to tweak it a little bit. I like Chauntra but it still doesn't seem "right". Any ideas on how else to change it around a bit without losing the charm of the original?

If you have similar sounding/feeling suggestions rather than variations on the "base" name then those are welcome as well!

Keep in mind, I'm a writer, not a mother, so this name isn't going to an actual human being... so if you have any ideas on how to morph it, add to it, etc, don't fear that they may be too "out there"!

Chanda
    Chandana
    Channah
    Chantrea
    Chara
    Charita
    Charna
    Chava
    Chaya
    Chenda
    Chetana

Good luck!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Chandira came to mind; Chandani is a typical feminization of a typically unisex name.
    Anglo names with a similar sound could be Chandler or maybe Chandla.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

This may be a stretch, but how about Calandra?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

@namelover, I like Chantrea the best of these! They're all really pretty though, Chaya is calling to me too.

@bibliophile, Chandira is beautiful. I think Chandla would remind me of Friends too much though, LOL

@augusta_lee, Calandra is actually... really striking! It's different but still has the same feel as the original. Me likey.

Got a lot of thinking to do! (Always open to more suggestions in the meantime)
    Sterile, no babies for me - but I write/rp/game and I'm planning on a namechange, so here I am!