Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    Along with too much s sound, the fact that both Miles and Watts are units of measure really bothers me. It may not be something his peers notice right away but I'm pretty sure when he's sitting in a high school physics lesson it will be painfully obvious.
    I actually find that really cool! I'd have loved discovering that as a kid.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    Along with too much s sound, the fact that both Miles and Watts are units of measure really bothers me. It may not be something his peers notice right away but I'm pretty sure when he's sitting in a high school physics lesson it will be painfully obvious.
    LOL! just the fact that you picked up on that, lonestar, is awesome! I didn't notice that before but I agree with kala_way that it's actually pretty cool. I do however like mischa's suggestion of Milo or even cassandrah's of Marcus. I totally feel for you about different styles, you have to find one that reflects you as a person and as a couple and that can be very difficult.
    Last edited by iwillpraise; August 20th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Michael William Jr, 'Liam' / Adelaide Susanne / Gabriel Patrick / Nadia Eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1

I think the name Miles on its own is nice... but I don't really like the double 's' as it is kinda lispy.
    I like the suggestion of Milo.
    I think the unit of measurement point is something that is personal, either you really love it or are biased against it... but that is a personal decision.

I can barely find a boy's name I like, let alone one my husband is on board with. I feel your pain. So, if you two agreed on this I think that trumps the flow issue, which is a minor one to my ears anyway.

(But yes, Milo sounds better)

Miles Watts sounds fine to me. It's not the most perfect flow, but if you both love the name and agree on it, I say use it. It's not like its terribly difficult to say or sounds weird, its just not ideal. But it works! Go for it!