Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Augusta Jane is perfection! I would use it in a heartbeat, but I can't really cause it's a family name of great importance on my cousin's side & it would just be strange if I used it! I do struggle with a likable nickname. Does AJ work for you? It isn't my cup of tea, but I prefer it over Auggie or Gussie or Gusty. The only thing I can come up with is Sunny since August is a summer month! I don't know if that's literal enough for you.

I love Augusta, it was our front runner for this baby for ages, only recently to be supplanted, mostly for sibset matching reasons. Our issue has always been nicknames, as well. NNs are important and prominent in our family. My husband was partial to Goldie while I went out on a limb and said I would go for Taggie. It's established for Agatha, so I figured why not? I love Augusta with Jane and Caroline. Very classic and not at all trendy!

I love the name Augusta Jane.
    I like the nn suggestion of AJ or Goldie (from 'au' whilst a bit cheesy I love it)

Augusta Jane is perfect!
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I think Augusta is a really lovely name and I love Caroline Augusta Jane. The 'Caroline Augusta' combination makes me think of Princess Caroline Matilda of Wales who became Queen of Denmark and had a daughter, Louise Augusta (named for Caroline's mother, Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha), with her husband, the King's, physician, Johann Friedrich Struensee - aka the most notorious love story in the history of Denmark. So to me, those two names almost go hand-in-hand. As a matter of fact, four generations have been bearing those two names (Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha - Princess Caroline Matilda of Wales - Princess Louise Augusta of Denmark - Princess Caroline of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg).

Augusta Jane sounds really nice too. Caroline Augusta Jane is a very majestic name.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel