Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I like the nickname 'Asta'. For me it calls to mind this painting (portrait of Princess Augusta, 1768-1840). I don't know... While a grand old name, and gorgeous on paper, I'm afraid it's one I want to like more than I really do.

Yes, I get that! I love the sound and feel of Augusta... but I do have a much easier time envisioning a little girl named Caroline as the first name than Augusta....
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I like it! It's unique and pretty. I honestly prefer it and August on a girl, and have never been fond of August and Augustus on boys.

My first thought for a nn was Austa. But even Gus would be a fun one if she could pull it off.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Augusta is one of those names that's lovely to say but I don't think I'd pick it for my own name. It seems so serious.

I keep waiting for you to revisit Susannah.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

I like Augusta - but I don't love it like I love Caroline! How about a double name: Jane Augusta?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline, Catherine, Jane, Rose
    James, Liam, Luke, Patrick