Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Augusta/ nn options?

We will use Augusta at least for a middle name (Caroline Augusta Jane) Augusta was hubby's grandmother's name, and I love it! The other day, my oldest daughter was talking to me, and asked if we had considered using Augusta in the first name spot (as I have waivered some with Caroline)... it was an interesting thought, and I love the ring of Augusta Jane... but wow, you never hear that anymore, or do you? Or at this point does it just sound trendy??.... thoughts????? Thanks!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Augusta? Trendy? Definitely not. I went to school with a girl named Augusta who wore it well. Other than Augie, Gussie, or AJ, maybe Goldie? Because of the "Au?" That's kind of corny though.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Augusta's a lovely name. I've toyed with the idea of adding it to my list. It doesn't sound trendy at all. I prefer it without a nickname.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Augusta is beautiful. I could see someone thinking it a little bit trendy because it's part of that old-school revival, but it's not particularly popular, and August has such a rich, varied history that the name feels timeless. I'm also keen on August for a girl, after the month. I knew an August-Rose growing up and at the time I thought nothing of it, but it's rather sweet.

Augusta Jane is really cute. Definitely fresher than Caroline.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Joyful! Long time, no see.

Ive always thought your taste was superb. Caroline Augusta Jane is marvelous. I know sometimes you waiver a bit, which isnt a bad thing, youre trying to find the perfect name, but Caroline s gorgeous. That whole combo seems so chic and stylish to me. Ive always loved Augusta, though im not a fan of the nn's. Auggie is ok, I prefer Aggie.

Wasnt Eleanor in the running last time? Eleanor Augusta Jane is cute.

I also like Coralie. Its close to Caroline, and just as beautiful.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|