Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Augusta/ nn options?

We will use Augusta at least for a middle name (Caroline Augusta Jane) Augusta was hubby's grandmother's name, and I love it! The other day, my oldest daughter was talking to me, and asked if we had considered using Augusta in the first name spot (as I have waivered some with Caroline)... it was an interesting thought, and I love the ring of Augusta Jane... but wow, you never hear that anymore, or do you? Or at this point does it just sound trendy??.... thoughts????? Thanks!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Augusta? Trendy? Definitely not. I went to school with a girl named Augusta who wore it well. Other than Augie, Gussie, or AJ, maybe Goldie? Because of the "Au?" That's kind of corny though.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Augusta's a lovely name. I've toyed with the idea of adding it to my list. It doesn't sound trendy at all. I prefer it without a nickname.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Augusta is beautiful. I could see someone thinking it a little bit trendy because it's part of that old-school revival, but it's not particularly popular, and August has such a rich, varied history that the name feels timeless. I'm also keen on August for a girl, after the month. I knew an August-Rose growing up and at the time I thought nothing of it, but it's rather sweet.

Augusta Jane is really cute. Definitely fresher than Caroline.

Mary | Elsbeth | Clotilde | Everild | Beatrix | Junia | Tabitha | Gwendolen | Octavia | Eve | March | Edwen

Simeon | Lionel | Barnabus | Ezekiel | Hector | Ignatius | August | Jove | Sayer | Booker | Mariner | Cecil | Godfrey

Joyful! Long time, no see.

Ive always thought your taste was superb. Caroline Augusta Jane is marvelous. I know sometimes you waiver a bit, which isnt a bad thing, youre trying to find the perfect name, but Caroline s gorgeous. That whole combo seems so chic and stylish to me. Ive always loved Augusta, though im not a fan of the nn's. Auggie is ok, I prefer Aggie.

Wasnt Eleanor in the running last time? Eleanor Augusta Jane is cute.

I also like Coralie. Its close to Caroline, and just as beautiful.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|