Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Honoring a Skipper?

Yesterday my husband oddly brought up the topic of names as we have been discussing having another baby next year and his main question really stumped me.

He would like to know how we could honor his dear friend and football coach who has only ever been called Skipper? Our dear Skipper has been like a second father to Jack and so I am fully on board with trying to find away to get his name on board with a future bub.

I can't think of anything, totally blank, so I thought I'd put it out to all of you who know a hell of a lot more about names than I do!

L
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.

Personally, I think Skipper would go perfectly with your other two boys names. Would you ever consider using it as a first? If you don't like that idea you could use Kip, or Skeeter as a middle.

Quote Originally Posted by oneday View Post
    Personally, I think Skipper would go perfectly with your other two boys names. Would you ever consider using it as a first? If you don't like that idea you could use Kip, or Skeeter as a middle.
    I agree. Bugsy, Jem, and Skipper are so much fun together. I also like the idea of Kip. You could use it as a nickname for Christopher, Caspian, or Casper, or you could just use Kip as his given name.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Same here -- if Bugsy and Jem are your boys' actual names, Skipper seems to fit right in! @southern.maple has some outstanding suggestions for more "proper" names though, which would fit in really well if Bugsy and Jem have more formal names.

I would stick with either Skipper or Skip, but only in the middle name slot. Skipper as a first name would make me think it's a title for your last name, like someone who goes boating a lot.