Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on Arabella?

Due with miracle baby girl at Christmas. Already have 4 boys. I tend to gravitate toward unisex names (Chandler has been at the top of my list), but DH likes the more feminine ones. His name of the night is Arabella. Pretty, but I worry it Is a bit too frilly. But then again... perhaps she needs frill with 4 brothers! Obvious nickname of Bella concerns me due to its popularity. Sooooooo frustrating trying to name a girl!
    Last edited by oboix04; August 19th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Soon to be mama of FIVE ... first baby GIRL due Christmas 2013
    Mom to Ryan Parker, Cameron Troy, Mason Spencer & Graydan Gene

I like it, but prefer Arabelle -- limits the long A sounds, and nn Belle instead of Bella.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I was just about to suggest Arabelle, and then I saw the previous post. Arabelle is beautiful, girly enough with out being frilly, and you will not have to have Bella, you can have Belle.

I like Arabella a lot. Yes, it's frilly, but it's also a strong, feminine name, and I think with four older brothers, she needs something strong, feminine, and maybe even a bit super-girly. I am not sure if Arabella is too over-the-top with your boys (I loved Gabriella with them!), but the nn Ari helps to make it less frilly, and I think Ryan, Cameron, Mason, Graydan, and Ari are super cute together. I think something like Arielle or Arianne/Ariana has a similar feel to Arabella, but avoids the popular nn of Bella and is slightly less frilly. I think Arielle or Arianne would be adorable with your boys.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I like Arabella a lot. Yes, it's frilly, but it's also a strong, feminine name, and I think with four older brothers, she needs something strong, feminine, and maybe even a bit super-girly. I am not sure if Arabella is too over-the-top with your boys (I loved Gabriella with them!), but the nn Ari helps to make it less frilly, and I think Ryan, Cameron, Mason, Graydan, and Ari are super cute together. I think something like Arielle or Arianne/Ariana has a similar feel to Arabella, but avoids the popular nn of Bella and is slightly less frilly. I think Arielle or Arianne would be adorable with your boys.

Good luck!
    I, too, loved Gabriella, but made the fatal error of sharing the idea with the grandparents, who said they don't like it (referencing the nn Gabby... which would NOT have been my nn of choice regardless). Arielle is cute, but all I can think of is the little mermaid, lol. Arianne was vetoed because it makes DH think of the white supremacist group Aryan nation, which clearly leaves a bad connotation. Arabella is beautiful, and may grow on me. There is somewhat of a family name connection, as it is similar to my maiden name T@rbell. I DO like the nn Ari though. Thanks for your comments, and for remembering my previous posts
    Last edited by oboix04; August 20th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
    Soon to be mama of FIVE ... first baby GIRL due Christmas 2013
    Mom to Ryan Parker, Cameron Troy, Mason Spencer & Graydan Gene