Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yes we are Australian

I am not Australian, so the culture is probably different there, but I'd say as an outsider, it's not bad. It makes more sense to me to name your child the name of a city or country you actually live in than to name your child India or China when you have no relation to it whatsoever. In the States, the whole "place name" trend is booming (though Sydney is considered to be one of the more traditional, tame and somewhat dated choices), and I've met a California, a China, a few Dakota's, etc. I know of a British Brittany, though I know of far less people who follow that fad in the UK.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I'm Australian and I wouldn't think it's weird...unless you live in Sydney. Then maybe think twice. But, if you don't, then I think it's totally fine. Other Australian place names (like Adelaide and Victoria) wouldn't phase me either. However, I live in Adelaide so I'd never choose Adelaide as a name, but if I lived in (for example) Brisbane, then Adelaide would be a fine choice.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I'm Australian, and live in Sydney.
    I don't see a problem with the name. Taught a girl called 'Cydney'- kind of thought what's the point, as you say. And besides, she may not live here her whole life and will likely be known as 'Syd'.
    Good luck.

I'm Australian, and live in Sydney.
    I don't see a problem with the name. Taught a girl called 'Cydney'- kind of thought what's the point, as you say. And besides, she may not live here her whole life and will likely be known as 'Syd'.
    Good luck.