River Junia
    River Iola
    River Evadne
    River Ludivine
    River Eos
    River Acantha
    River Amoret

Good luck!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Squee! Replies! I'm far too excited, haha, every time I see the name River I do another happy dance.

redwoodfey – River Ondine is magical perfection, but I'm worried Hubby won't consider Ondine "a real name." From your suggestions, Faline is absolutely darling, and I love Isolde.

liviajoan - ooh River Odessa is gorgeous! Reverie and Narnia Rose have both been firmly vetoed, but I agree that they're awesome names!

handsallover – I do love Anastasia, but we have a friend by this name who Hubby doesn't actually get on with well…Alexandria is an intriguing idea, it always makes me think of The Great Library.

ottilie – I'm with you, Hubs version of what's OTT has never made much sense to me. Yes to Caspian and Ophelia and Zion, but no to Seraphina, Atreyu, Evangeline, and Oberon. ???
    I agree that it should be in the more feminine name-name category than the nature/word name category. Also, seeing Eve Wisteria written out with the rest of my list cements it for me: If Hubs agrees, this is the one.
    I'm not too keen on the Rose ideas, only because I feel like the R sounds run together and get muddy. River Celeste, River Celina, River Cordelia, River Selene, and River Sylvaine are all amazing! I like Bianca too but it's hard to say against our K last name.

author in writing – River Amelia is pretty, but maybe a little too Doctor Who with Amelia Pond and all. Evangeline is one of my favorite names of all time, but Hubby has vetoed her. Plus I think it'd be odd to have an Evangeline and an Eve. Odette is my favorite of your suggestions, it's so Swan Princess! Squee!

saracita00 – Thank you! I think I hit the jackpot with Eve Wisteria…up until that point, I always wanted a longer version because "just Eve" felt plain to me. There's nothing plain about Eve Wisteria ^_^
    River Guinevere is gorgeous, but I'm not sure how she'll fare with Hubby. Gwendolyn would be a good backup though!

cosmonaut - River Selene and River Seraphine are so beautiful and ethereal! I don't think Hubs will agree to Seraphine, he's vetoed all my Serafina variants numerous times. River Juliet is also pretty, and very romantic.

nat108 – another vote for River Seraphine! Sounds like I'll be trying her out again on my other half

bellerose – Oooh River Nephele…if only! Another one vetoed from my Alice list. Celestia and Titania are also beautiful! I do love Echo, but I think that's just too many word names in one combo. Also digging Niobe from your signature!

dindlee – Soraya is one of my all time favorites, and once again inaccessible due to Hubby veto. Now we also know a little Soraya, so she's doubly off-limits.

cosmonaut – You're back! ^_^ Sinead is so pretty but Hubs will freak about the spelling. Lenore is also beautiful. But I have to say, my favorite on this list is River Corisande. I literally gasped out loud when I read it! So beautiful, romantic, and ethereal, with a deeply personal meaning to me: "healing hands." Doesn't that just give you shivers?

freya55 – I adore the suggestion of River Delphine, but Hubby has a great-aunt by this name, so it makes him think of purple-tinged hair and overly floral perfume Pearl Oriana is stunning, by the way!

eriset – We have a hyphenated last name that sounds like Kellar-Strong. Of the two suggestions, I think River Elowen flows the best with our last name, but I'm not ready to give up on Seraphine yet And may I just say, I LOVE your children's names!! Sage Elysium gives me chill bumps of awesomeness!

judyariel – River Anneliese is beautiful, so romantic and dainty, almost fairy-like! We know an Anneliese, so it will either be weird or it will help Hubby realize the name is actually "practical" for real world use, haha. River Celeste, River Titania, and River Delilah are also wonderful, although I could never use Delilah because of conservative family…plus she definitely wasn't a role model namesake, haha.

namelover77 – How does one pronounce Cybele? I've always wondered. River Melusine is gorgeous so slinky and silvery and mermaid-esque. River Amoret is absolutely darling! Hubby will probably say too French, but I'll give her a go!

Thank you everyone for your fantastic and magical ideas! The updated list to take to Hubby:

River Alexandria
    River Amoret
    River Anneliese
    River Celeste
    River Cordelia
    River Corisande
    River Elowen
    River Faline
    River Guinevere
    River Isolde
    River Melusine
    River Odessa
    River Odette
    River Olwen (still love this one, not sure what we mean by sounding flat?)
    River Ondine
    River Selene
    River Seraphine
    River Sylvaine
    River Titania
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    River Olwen (still love this one, not sure what we mean by sounding flat?)
    That was me, wasn't it? I mean that River and Olwen are two names that don't put emphasis on either syllable, and they're both two sylls long.

Glad you liked some of my suggestions! Good luck with mr Sessh!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Has anyone suggested River Eilonwy? For some reason that's been on my mind all day.

By other way, Eve Wisteria is spectacular. Love it!
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

namelover77 – How does one pronounce Cybele? I've always wondered. River Melusine is gorgeous so slinky and silvery and mermaid-esque. River Amoret is absolutely darling! Hubby will probably say too French, but I'll give her a go!
    I'm glad you like them! According to behindthename.com, Cybele is pronounced SIB-ə-lee, and I feel like that flows better than Sybil or Sybilla with River.

River is gorgeous, by the way!

EDIT: I also forgot to suggest River Catrin, River Eilwen and River Chandra. I love River with Chandra- moon and river? It paints a beautiful picture, in my mind. Hopefully something will strike your fancy.

Good luck!
    Last edited by namelover77; August 21st, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |