Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Changing our boys' name to Tobias with a few weeks to go!

All throughout my pregnancy, I haven't been able to fall in love with any boys' names. We have our girls' names ready to go, but nothing for boys! Our leading contender was Lucas (nn Luke), but it just seems sooooo popular right now. Some other contenders were Simon, Charles and Nolan.

Then, the other day, I stumbled upon our new favorite: Tobias (nn Toby)!!! It has everything we want: it's not common but everyone has heard it before, it is biblical, it is masculine and strong, it goes with my daughter's name, Penelope (nn Poppy), and it has an adorable nickname Toby.

Can you please give me your opinion on this name, good or bad? I want to make sure it's not late-pregnancy hormones making me switch!!

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

I much prefer Tobias to Lucas, its unexpected and interesting. Tobias is great with Penelope! And could the nicknames Poppy and Toby get any cuter? Darling (:
    Inkling (28), strong single Mama of two mischievous kidlings: Lady Bug (7) & Baby Bear (4)

I'm a full-time Supermom and part-time Author, currently on the hunt for a new Pen Name to keep my past out of my future--something strong and edgy to symbolize my new start in life...

I love Tobias. I would feel confident about the switch! Toby and Poppy are perfect!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

It makes me think of Tobias Funke from Arrested Development, but his character is so bizarre and far fetched that I don't think it tarnishes the name at all. Cute sibset, Poppy and Toby!