Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4th child, 3rd daughter...

Hello! I just found out I am expecting my 3rd daughter in January. We already have 3 children: Stephen Francis, Anneliese Mary, & Genevieve June. It has just been determined that baby #4 is a little girl and we are having a hard time with names! Up until the ultrasound, we were leaning toward Lorelei Vera, but now that we know, we just can't seem to commit to the name.

We have tossed around a few names, but seem to have something stopping us with each of them. We are giving her the middle name Vera for my grandmother. Some names we tossed around and vetoed (and just keep hanging around) are Cecilia (which sounds off with Vera), Josephine (vetoed by my husband), Corrine (just sounds too alliterative with our last name), and Madeleine (we both really like this one, but worry it's too overused). We've also considered Imogen, Adelaide, and Elodie but they just haven't felt "right".

We are also cautious not to eliminate the boy name that has been waiting in the wings for over 4 years (Jude, so nothing too similar to that or beginning with a "J" sound as it gets to be too much with Genevieve) in the event that we lose our minds and go for a 5th child.

Have we found the right name and are overlooking it or is there something else out there we should consider? I appreciate your suggestions! Sorry for the long post!

I think Lorelei would be fantastic! Beautiful name and goes great with your set. And it's a nice contrast with Vera

I also think Imogen is lovely and would fit nicely.

some others:
    Beatrice
    Margarete
    Violet
    Penelope
    Evelyn
    Meredith
    Rosalyn
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

I love all of your names. My favorites being Lorelei, Corrine, Josephine, and Elodie. Others you may like are .....

Gemma
    Phoebe
    Charlotte
    Helena
    Abigail
    Claudia
    Gretchen
    Amelia
    Jillian
    Savannah
    Audrey
    Rosalind
    Madeline
    Florence
    Marilyn
    Stella
    Mommy to Carter James born 09.03.2013

-------Favorites------------------

Girls : Elsbeth Noelle, Carys Juliet, Melody Violet, Valentina Camille, Lila Gabrielle
    Boys: Ethan Paul, Landon Cole, Carter James, Jude Issac, Noah Vincent

The combination of Lorelai Vera sounds a little off to me because of the vastly different styles. Maybe that's why you're having trouble committing to it?

Personally, my vote is for Madeleine. Madeline/Madelyn/Madalynn/etc. are definitely overused, but Madeleine looks and feels so much different to me: much more elegant and classy. If your only concern with the name is the popularity, I think your spelling choice helps. You could also use a nn other than the regular Maddy.