Names Searched Right Now:

Wink Verity? Thisbe? Whaa?

Hi guys. Recently I've been on a Latin name kick, and I've really fallen in love with Atticus and Quentin for boys. I like that they're uncommon, yet familiar, and I don't think people would have trouble pronouncing them or doubt their legitimacy. This isn't really the case for the girl names I like. My two current frontrunners are Verity and Thisbe, both of which are gorgeous names with rich history. However, I'm not sure if the average person would know and/or appreciate those histories lol. My best friend and mother (my typical name testers) didn't really care for either, and though I love the names, I would like to give my future children names that don't make people stop and go "wait, wha? Is that a name?" Lol.
    So any suggestions for uncommon, old girl names in a similar vein to Atticus and Quentin? Names that make people go "huh, that's interesting. I wouldn't have considered it, but I like it," and not "what in the sam heck was that woman thinking?"
    Thanks in advance ;D
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Paloma} {Vesper} {Solange} {Xanthe} {Juno}
    {Atticus} {Ptolemy} {Balthazar} {Zephyr} {Atlas}

I just want to start by saying I love the names in your signature. You have wonderful taste.

In reference to your question, I honestly do not see why Verity would be all that unusual. It has a similar sound and feel to modern popular names, and virtue names are always on trend. Verity seems right at home with names like Vera and Charity.

I understand the issue with Thisbe. It is a little unusual. I liked it a lot not too long ago, but my husband made me say it so many times that it sounds a bit silly now.

My favorite Latin name right now is Honora (in the same vein as Verity). I think it has a familiar sound.

I also like Lavinia. Hopefully I can come back with some others later.

I like Verity but am partial to it because my name is Amity and they are like "name twins". And for what it's worth, I don't have nearly as much trouble with my name as people sometimes imagine, just explaining the pronunciation sometimes but that is common for many names.

Not all Latin here but hopefully might strike your fancy:

Adira
    Amani
    Amena
    Amika / Amica
    Amira
    Amoret
    Carine
    Catalina / Cataline
    Charis / Karis / Carys
    Clara
    Cora