Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts in Burt?

Burt or Bert for Robert have been on my mind. Maybe hearing Birdie on girls had made me think about the idea of a Burt who could be called Burdie while growing into his more adult name. I think Burt is kind of great & forgotten but such a good strong name. Burt's Bees & Burt Reynolds are my only associations that come to mind straight away and neither feel negative. What do you think?

It means 'bright', which is nice. I'd prefer Robert /Rob or Robbie. I think of an old actor/character from a Shirley Temple movie (The Little Princess). Definitely vintage.

That's a cute namesake!

I like it. I think it's a strong, masculine name and Burdie is a cute nickname.
    I'm giving this advice as someone who has a close friend named Burt (with that spelling)
    I'd honestly shy away from the Bert spelling as to children or teenagers at least, there is the 'Ernie and Bert' from Sesame Street sub context and there were some homosexual meme's about that going on which may be a bit much for teenage boys who are coming into their own and not yet comfortable with who they are as yet.
    It was never bullying persay... it was just a some slight teasing he got growing up.

There's also the Burton route to get to Burt

Personally I don't care for it. I think it's very blah. Robert is a lovely name but if it were me I'd stick with Rob.