Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Joely

Hi!
    What do you think of the name Joely? It can also be spelt Jolie, but I think that spelling is too connected with Angelina Jolie. Angelina's surname is said faster and with the emphasis on the LEE rather than Joely/Jolie which is JOE-lee rather than joe-LEE (you know what I mean!)
    I think it's really pretty, especially as it means pretty in French. I know the cutest little girl called Joely
    What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Ellie xx
    Last edited by cassandrah; August 19th, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Never heard of it. Strikes me as a weird feminization of the name, Joel. Jolie means pretty, not Joely. Changing the spelling of a word name so that it's no longer that word, makes it lose the meaning.
    Having fun TTC and dreaming of names.

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Leonora Pearl, Arietta June, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose

My best friend from when we were very young is named Joely, but spelled differently. It's also more JOEL-ee rather than Joe-lee if that makes sense. She's always had trouble with people pronouncing/spelling it but I don't think it's ever bothered her too much. She seems to really love her name and the originality of it.

Joely does look like a feminization of Joel. The spelling Jolie is much prettier anyway. It sounds nice, and has a nice meaning, but it's too reminiscent of Angelina Jolie for me to ever consider it. Plus, it's not really my style. I think it could work for someone else, though. Definitely use the original spelling if you do.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

As in Joely Richardson? I actually have a friend by this name, I think it's lovely.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]