Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Kyrie

Hi!
    What do you think of Kyrie? I know about the religious meaning but I don't consider that a bad thing. I first came across this name ages ago when reading a short story about a girl called Exie who's sister was Kyrie. Here: What do you think of my writing? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

I really like Kyrie and I think it makes a nice change to names like Kylie and Kaylie ect.
    What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Pronounced kih-ree-ay, as in the Latin pronunciation? I quite like that. Pronounced Ky-ree (rhyming with Kylie) I am not a fan of.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Are you pronouncing it like Kyrie Eleison? I like the Catholic connection to it, but I would think that people would automatically assume you are Catholic or at least religious if you use the name. As a name, I think it's very cute (maybe too cute) and definitely usable, but I would definitely pair it with a more mature middle name.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Back in church (as a kid) we used to sing this song Kyrie and Christe Eleison and I actually loved the name Kyrie.
    We pronounced it Kee-ree-ay... but our priest was Irish (not living in Ireland though).

My 14 year old self would have used the name so why not... It's spunky and cute, not too common but known.
    Last edited by giinkies; August 19th, 2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: mistake with pronunciation

Our priest is Cuban, and he always pronounces it (keer-ay). But yes, it's a pretty name, if somewhat cutesy for me. Much better than Kylie, Kaylie and the like : )
    Damian Joachim-Raphael Benedict-Jude Marius-Charles Dominic

Caia Madeleine-Genevieve Azélie-Reine Catalina

Fleur-Isabeau-Nouvel-Johanna-William-Boden-Rafe-Philip-Julien