Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First child and its probably a boy!!

Hi Evenyone,

We are expecting in January and think its going to be a boy. We have girls names down to a couple and now we need help with the boy name. (Boys are hard!!) Anyway, We are looking for a strong name that is not really traditional. DH and I don't want a Michael, Daniel or David type name for our little one. We were thinking of names like Hunter, Corbin, Ronan etc. and like a natural sounding name.

Corbin makes me think of the 5th Element everytime I hear it. DH has suggested Odin but I am not sure about it as a first name. Our last name is very short (3 letters) that sounds chineese (eventhough it is actually Scottish) so a celtic or norse sounding name could work.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Tem

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks for the ideas. We had though about Rowan or Ronan which would work well with our last name. DH mentioned Bodhi last night which had such a cool vibe to it as well. we really want to try and stay clear of the names our friends have used like Carson, Austin and Kayson and also be open to having fun (with out being crazy) with our childs name. For girls we have decided on Aurora, Winter or Wren. (also being Canadian we have an affinity with snow and northern lights)

We would also like something that has a great meaning. Like Aurora means "sunrise" and is the roman godess of the dawn. If that gives anyone more ideas for suggestions.

How about:

Rhett "advice"
    Caius "rejoice"
    Broderick "brother"
    Quimby
    Ewan "youth"
    Irving "green river, sea friend"
    Meyer "bringer of light"
    Corwin "heart's friend"
    Beacon "signal light"
    Bertram "bright raven"

favorite names this week: Jane Cosima & Oren Drake

I saw the suggestion of Cormac, which I like a lot.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀