Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sandy for a boy?

Hi!
    I've just got back from Australia where I was staying with a family with two sons called Sandy and Jaime (who I've already posted about). I was really surprised when I met Sandy as I have always assumed Sandy to be a female name. (Sandy from Grease and my dads friends ex) What do you think of it as a boys name? I just can't get my head around it. I don't think it helps that he is ginger.
    Anyway, what do you think?
    Thanks,
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Perhaps it was short for Sandford, Stanford or something similar?

I know a man who is probably in his 50s who is called Sandy. In his case, it's a nickname for Alexander. I like it.

I'm not sure about elsewhere, but according to BtN Sandy by itself was steadily used as a boy's name in the U.S. before it became popular for girls:

Behind the Name: Popularity for Sandy

I think Sandy was the name of the little boy on Flipper, the TV show that they used to rerun at night when I was younger. It was also the dad on the OC which I loved! So I always though of it as unisex cause of these TV associations from high school! I also know a little boy named Sandro and I am sure he could be Sandy if he wanted.