Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OMGoodness, Polish names!

Am I the only one with a slight (okay, huge?) obsession with Polish names? I'm not Polish in the slightest bit, and am about 95% sure I should never burden my child with a Polish name (it's all those "Z"s and "J"s and "Y"s! It's why I love them, but also why I don't know how usable they are...). But I still love them to death. Anyone here know Polish names?

These are some I've developed crushes on over the years--any you'd add to this list?

Adela
    Agata (meh, maybe. I think I prefer the more English Agnes and Agatha, personally)
    Ariadna
    Emilia
    Ewa (with names like Ewa, Klara, Wioletta, Waleria, and Silwia/Sylwia, I think it's just better to stick to the more international Sylvia, Clara, Violetta, Valeria, and Eva. Still, I find Ewa so charming!)
    Gracja (GRAHS-ya)
    Grazyna (grah-ZHEE-nah)
    Jozefina (yo-seh-fee-nah)
    Kaja (KIE-ah)
    Klara
    Lilija/Liljana (Lilia; Liliana)
    Lucja
    Sabina
    Serafina
    Silwia/Sylwia
    Sybilla
    Waleria
    Wioletta
    Zenobia
    Zofia
    Zoja (ZOY-ah)
    Zosia
    Zuzanna

Any Polish names you find particularly usable?

Thanks, Berries!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

The names are lovely, but the spellings will be confusing for Americans. I came across the Polish name Cymburgis (possibly only used by the mother of a Holy Roman Emporer). Not sure what it means, but It's intriguing.

I came across this blog: legitbabenames.wordpress.com, it has a lot of info on Polish names
    Aurore Ebba Rosalind, Aurelia Beatrice Rose, Hadewych Ebba Aurora, Cosima Rose Beatrice, Riva Ianthe Juniper, Melisande Juno Catharina, Lorelei Caja Vasilisa

Ramses, Midas, Erasmus/Rasmus, Rodolphe, Jasper, Rembrandt, Lloyd, Lucius, Otis, Emrys, Oberon

Due 2.15.2015

One of my best friends is Polish. Her name is Urszula. Her two daughters are Magdalena and Julia. My cousin married a woman of Polish descent and her name is Krystyna (Christina). Here are some other Polish names I've come across in my years of investigation.

Otylia (Odilia/Ottilie)
    Katarzyna (Catherine)
    Malgorzata
    Brygida
    Edyta
    Elzbieta
    Jolanta
    Jadwiga
    Matylda
    Wisia
    Rozalia
    Pelcia
    Nadzia
    Weronika
    Olimpia
    Monika
    Marta
    Lidia
    Irena
    Florentyna
    Kassia
    Danuta
    Dorota
    Dominika
    Justyna
    Grazyna
    Felcia
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I'm smart and totally noticed this was in the girls section -facepalm-

I think Adela and Sybilla are lovely! I have Sybella on my list.
    Last edited by alliecat; August 19th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver