Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you're okay with Arabic names that aren't specifically Muslim, Laith is one of my favorites. It means lion in Arabic.

One of my favorite names is Falak, which means star. It's cute and I don't think it's very uncommon.
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

Sakina is a name I was unfamiliar with until I spoke with one for work purposes. After speaking with her (and yes, I did tell her how beautiful I thought it was!), I looked it up. It is extremely lovely with just as beautiful a meaning. Although not listed on Nameberry, it definitely has the kind of background you are looking for without too much "ethicity". Sakina Zeleka is quite gorgeous. Sorry, I don't have any boy suggestions, but I'm definitely partial to Gabriel!

Happy New-Leafing
    O Lord, our Lord,
    how excellent is thy NAME in all the earth!
    who hast set thy glory above the heavens ~
    Psalm 8:1

"Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful.. enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." Matt 25:23.. We will miss you dearly, Rollo

Nadia Eloise, Adelaide Susanne
    Gabriel Patrick, Corbin Tobiah

I have no real Muslim or Arab heritage, so I may not be the best source, but I've studied the Arabic language for a while and have therefore become familiar with a lot of the names. I paid the most attention to the girl names, so I'll probably stick with examples of them. Your best bet is to research a little yourself, but I can give you a few possibilities I like that come from Arab culture without sounding too ethnic.

I personally like the name you mentioned, Layla, a lot. I also like Zhara/Zara, but the sound of Zara Zeleka would depend on your taste. I like it, but some others might not. A few others for girls I like:

Maryam/Miriam
    Jamila
    Yasmin
    Samira/Zamira
    Zaina (I have a friend with this name and she was raised Muslim)
    Sumayya (my first Arabic teacher's name)
    Qadira
    Nadia
    Muna
    Farrah
    Ameerah/Amira
    Ameenah/Amina
    Almira
    Aneesa
    Qamar
    Basima
    Dimah
    Adara

I can also suggest a few options for boys:

Jamil/Jamal
    Ebrahim (a friend of mine who is Muslim has this name)
    Abdul
    Abdallah
    Basul
    Faisal
    Anwar
    Amir
    Ammiras
    Hamal
    Ismail
    Malik
    Nasser
    Omar
    Sulaiman
    Yusuf
    Yushua
    Zayd/Zaid
    Zaki

There's a lot of beautiful Arabic names that I really love and totally would use if I had some sort of connection to an Arabic country/Arabic culture. I don't know how popular/old-fashioned these names are though, I just think these names are really beautiful

Boys:
    Ashraf
    Eisa
    Hamdan
    Hamzah
    Hashem
    Hashim
    Khaled
    Khalifa
    Majid
    Rashid
    Reza
    Sajid
    Yasin

Girls:
    Aisha
    Alia
    Al Jalila
    Azra
    Basmah
    Fahdah
    Farida
    Fatima
    Haalah
    Haya
    Iman
    Jalilah
    Khadijah
    Mahra
    Maryam
    Noor
    Raiyah
    Rajaa
    Rayet
    Salma
    Yara
    Zainab
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"