Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emerson Rose

42 60.87%
  • Sawyer Rose

13 18.84%
  • Parker Rose

17 24.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Agree with the comments about unisex names. And all the critiques of these particular choices.

Emerson literally means "son of Emery." I just do not understand why this is even considered unisex. It's a name that's trying to take classics like Emma or Emily and make it into an edgy, boys-names-on-girls-is-cool thing.

Parker just has no substance to it. Sounds like "barker." Actually, ironically, I once had a female dog by this name. It was cute, for a poodle.

Agree completely with pp about Sawyer. It does not appeal to me whatsoever for either sex. It's very masculine. I just looked it up and I am baffled that it's actually halfway up the ss list for girls—only appearing since 2010. Too trendy.

I think boyandgirl's suggestions are a million times more preferable than these three. Other unisex names I like or think are usable are:

Austin/Austen
    Bellamy
    Blair/Blaire
    Camden
    Finlay
    Leighton
    Marley
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Rowan
    Reece
    It's a GIRL!! First babe, due 4/17.

Arietta June, Guinevere Pearl, Cordelia Wynn, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Faye
    Mattias Leo, Leander Paul, Cassian James, Macsen George

I LOVE Emerson!! Especially with the nickname Emme (pronounced like Emmy)... I like Emerson Ruby instead of Emerson Rose. I also like Emerson Juliet or Emerson Violet (although those 2 depend on how long your last name is). If your last name is a longer, I would go with Emerson Ruby. :-)

I understand the appeal of Emma/Emmy as I named my daughter it but it baffles me that people actually like Emerson on a girl. Like littlemrsb said, it literally means "son of Emery". WHY would you want to give your daughter a name that means "SON OF"? Putting it on a girl doesn't change the meaning. Your daughter's name will still be "SON OF Emery".

Parker and Sawyer sound very masculine to me as well. Parker doesn't sound good on a girl because it sounds like "park her".

I like the suggestions of Marley, Hadley, and Harper.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Of the three, Parker got my vote. Probably because I know an adorable female toddler named Parker, so it has a positive association for me. I don't like Emerson due to the -son ending, as other posters mentioned.

The "r" ending of Sawyer and Parker runs into the "r" in Rose, plus I like Emerson for girls much better.
    As a general statement, I'm not a huge fan of boys-names-for-girls, but here are some I like: Hollis, Piper, Fifer, Hadley, Wallis, Harley, Harper, Ardis, Quincy or Quinn, Laine, Aubrey, Flannery, Rowan, Ainsley, Tierney, Cassidy, Ember, Larkin/Larken, Teagan,
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid