Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you like best?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emerson Rose

29 56.86%
  • Sawyer Rose

13 25.49%
  • Parker Rose

12 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Agree with the comments about unisex names. And all the critiques of these particular choices.

Emerson literally means "son of Emery." I just do not understand why this is even considered unisex. It's a name that's trying to take classics like Emma or Emily and make it into an edgy, boys-names-on-girls-is-cool thing.

Parker just has no substance to it. Sounds like "barker." Actually, ironically, I once had a female dog by this name. It was cute, for a poodle.

Agree completely with pp about Sawyer. It does not appeal to me whatsoever for either sex. It's very masculine. I just looked it up and I am baffled that it's actually halfway up the ss list for girls—only appearing since 2010. Too trendy.

I think boyandgirl's suggestions are a million times more preferable than these three. Other unisex names I like or think are usable are:

Austin/Austen
    Bellamy
    Blair/Blaire
    Camden
    Finlay
    Leighton
    Marley
    Peyton
    Quinn
    Rowan
    Reece
    Having fun TTC and dreaming of names.

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Leonora Pearl, Arietta June, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose

I LOVE Emerson!! Especially with the nickname Emme (pronounced like Emmy)... I like Emerson Ruby instead of Emerson Rose. I also like Emerson Juliet or Emerson Violet (although those 2 depend on how long your last name is). If your last name is a longer, I would go with Emerson Ruby. :-)

I understand the appeal of Emma/Emmy as I named my daughter it but it baffles me that people actually like Emerson on a girl. Like littlemrsb said, it literally means "son of Emery". WHY would you want to give your daughter a name that means "SON OF"? Putting it on a girl doesn't change the meaning. Your daughter's name will still be "SON OF Emery".

Parker and Sawyer sound very masculine to me as well. Parker doesn't sound good on a girl because it sounds like "park her".

I like the suggestions of Marley, Hadley, and Harper.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Of the three, Parker got my vote. Probably because I know an adorable female toddler named Parker, so it has a positive association for me. I don't like Emerson due to the -son ending, as other posters mentioned.

The "r" ending of Sawyer and Parker runs into the "r" in Rose, plus I like Emerson for girls much better.
    As a general statement, I'm not a huge fan of boys-names-for-girls, but here are some I like: Hollis, Piper, Fifer, Hadley, Wallis, Harley, Harper, Ardis, Quincy or Quinn, Laine, Aubrey, Flannery, Rowan, Ainsley, Tierney, Cassidy, Ember, Larkin/Larken, Teagan,
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid