Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Elodie Cadence?

Question Elodie Cadence?

Hi, Berries!! Thanks for reading this... I really need opinions on this name... Elodie Cadence. Elodie is pronounced Ella-dee. Her nickname would be both Ella and Ellie, depending on what I feel like calling her at the time. Sometimes Ella and sometimes Ellie. Of course, this name is for a girl. I'm going to post my full list below this. I'm hoping to get opinions on all of my favorite names.

Ava Madeline (Madeline is pronounced Mad-uh-LINE, NOT Mad-uh-LYNN)
    Emerson Juliet (nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-EE)
    Aubrey (needs a middle name! Suggestions would be great!)
    Lila/Lyla (needs a middle name! Suggestions would be great! [pronounced Lie-luh])
    Clementine (nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-EE. Middle name suggestions would be great!)
    Sophia Ruth (also considering Sophia Maeve... Maeve is pronounced May-v.)
    Lucia Maeve (Lucia is pronounced Loo-see-uh and Maeve is pronounced May-v.)

BOY NAMES- (sorry, there is a few.)
    Easton Malachi
    Gavin Luke
    Hunter Eli
    Luis (pronounced Loo-iss, not sure how I should spell it.)

Opinions on Elodie Cadence and the rest of my list would be great. Thanks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vegascountryqueen View Post
    Hi, Berries!! Thanks for reading this... I really need opinions on this name... Elodie Cadence. Elodie is pronounced Ella-dee. Her nickname would be both Ella and Ellie, depending on what I feel like calling her at the time. Sometimes Ella and sometimes Ellie. Of course, this name is for a girl. I'm going to post my full list below this. I'm hoping to get opinions on all of my favorite names.

Ava Madeline (Madeline is pronounced Mad-uh-LINE, NOT Mad-uh-LYNN)
    Emerson Juliet (nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-EE)
    Aubrey (needs a middle name! Suggestions would be great!)
    Lila/Lyla (needs a middle name! Suggestions would be great! [pronounced Lie-luh])
    Clementine (nickname Emme, which is pronounced M-EE. Middle name suggestions would be great!)
    Sophia Ruth (also considering Sophia Maeve... Maeve is pronounced May-v.)
    Lucia Maeve (Lucia is pronounced Loo-see-uh and Maeve is pronounced May-v.)

BOY NAMES- (sorry, there is a few.)
    Easton Malachi
    Gavin Luke
    Hunter Eli
    Luis (pronounced Loo-iss, not sure how I should spell it.)

Opinions on Elodie Cadence and the rest of my list would be great. Thanks. :-)
    Hmm...
    I really dislike Elodie I understand the appeal but the name itself just isn't my cup of tea. I would prefer Eloise Cadence, Eloise is similar to Elodie expect she has a far prettier sound and vibe.
    My thoughts on the rest:
    Ava Madeline - I love the name Ava she's pretty, has a bluesy vibe and despite being popular feels fresh. Ava sounds lovely with Madeline but this is my least favourite of the 'Madeline' names my favourite is Madeleine which is lovely and has a great French feel.

Emerson Juliet - Ugh Emerson isn't attractive, I'm really not into 'son' names on girls. 'Son' names just feel masculine. Juliet is a gorgeous name however so elegant, understated, and sweet. Suggestion Emmeline Juliet?

Aubrey - I'm sorry for all the negativity but again I'm not keen on Aubrey. I prefer Audrey! Still here are some middle name suggestions:
    Aubrey Katherine
    Aubrey Elisabeth
    Aubrey Charlotte

Lila - A lovely name has a very sparky, light sound which feels very sugary and sweet. Lila is a effortless choice. Suggestions for Lila:
    Lila Grace
    Lila Saffron
    Lila Florence

Clementine - A lovely choice, she has this really fruity elegance. I also love the vibrancy of Clementine! Clementine has a range of brilliant nicknames such as Clemency, Clem, Clemmy etc. Clementine is great! Here are some middle name suggestions for Clementine:
    Clementine Sophia
    Clementine Frances
    Clementine Rosalind

Sophia Ruth - Sophia is a lovely name, she has a gorgeous soft European vibe and a beautiful meaning 'wisdom', I adore Sophia! I also love Sophia sounds with Ruth which is a great biblical classic. The flow of Sophia Ruth is gorgeous. I do like Sophia Maeve but I find Sophia Ruth prettier.

Lucia Maeve - I love the name Lucia pronounced LOO SHA like the Caribbean island, it's sweet and exotic. But Lucia pronounced Lu-SEE-ah is a name I dislike. I hate Lucy names they remind me of the word 'loose' and is sounds unappealing. Maeve is a lovely name! So wholesome and sweet. I think Lucia Maeve (Lucia pro. LOO SHA) would sound brilliant. So spunky and lush. Lucia Maeve feels (Lucia pro. Lu SEE ah) lacking.

Elodie is alright--esp. as a middle name Cadence is way down there w/Prudence and Griselda on my list. I'd go with...Ava-Lucia Juliette.

I love Elodie! Not a fan of Cadence though.
    Ava Madeline - Pretty boring and she'll be joining the thousands of other babies named Ava. If you go with Ava, give her a more unique middle name. How about Ava Cadence or Ava Clementine? I like the name Madeline more than Ava though. Aubrey Madeline?
    Emerson Juliet - Never liked the name Emerson, it sounds too masculine. Juliet is fine, way overused though.
    Aubrey - ok, NMS. Aubrey Madeline? Aubrey Clementine?
    Lila/Lyla - I really like this name! I don't care which way it's spelled, both are nice and really it's just whichever way you like more. Lila Madeline is really pretty. Lyla Juliet. Lila Summer. Lyla Charlotte. Lila Maeve.
    Clementine - really pretty! I think I prefer it as a mn though. Clementine Aria, Clementine Aliya, Clementine Willa, Clementine any middle name that is short and sweet really. Clementine Maeva.
    Sophia Ruth - Love Sophia but Ruth is NMS but it's a nice name that flows well. Sophia Maeve is really nice! I totally prefer it.
    Lucia Maeve - not a fan of Lucia, it reminds me of Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter. Maeve is really pretty though!

Easton Malachi - NMS
    Gavin Luke - like both names separately but not together. Gavin Malachi or Luke Easton I prefer.
    Hunter Eli - I love Eli! Hunter I don't like.
    Luis - you spell it Lewis if you want it pronounced loo-iss. If you want loo-ee it's Louis. Lewis is NMS but I like Louis.

Elodie is lovely but I much prefer it without a nickname. I'm not a fan of cadence in general, especially with Elodie. The flow of the combo feels off. Elodie Ava or Elodie Ruth would be nice.

For loo-iss, I'd go with Louis or Lewis. Luis is loo-ees.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey