Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love Lavender Mae! So gorgeous. I agree that Gypsy Rose is a bad choice. It could be a negative term. If you have to use it, I would only use it in the middle.

I have no idea who gypsy rose lee is.

I come from a Romany gypsy back ground and although I'm not like the normal gypsy as I don't live in a caravan but I consider myself a gypsy although I don't do things the done gypsy way I still have gypsy blood in me.

Is there any other Names that would be good as a second to gypsy.

I leaning more towards lavender and Gypsy both being middle names.

I have no idea who gypsy rose lee is.

I come from a Romany gypsy back ground and although I'm not like the normal gypsy as I don't live in a caravan but I consider myself a gypsy although I don't do things the done gypsy way I still have gypsy blood in me.

Is there any other Names that would be good as a second to gypsy.

I leaning more towards lavender and Gypsy both being middle names.

Is there any other names people can suggest to go with Amy-Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Did you know that Gypsy Rose Lee was a burlesque dancer who was famous for her striptease?
    This was my first thought as well. Gypsy Rose Lee was quite a fun person but I'm not sure I'd want that to be the first association someone had when hearing my daughters name. If you really love Gypsy I'd suggest changing Rose to something else. (Maybe a different flower name could still honor your Nan.

To honor your Romani heritage I'd choose a name that is traditionally Romani.
    There was a NB blog a little while ago: Gypsy Baby Names: Real Romani Names – Baby Name Blog - Nameberry
    Also behindthename.com has a few: I particularly like: Aishe, Miri (Miri-Rose), Sirena, and Esma (Esma-Rose).

But to your original question: I prefer Lavender May because of my associations to Gypsy-Rose.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)