Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm assuming that you pronounce Adi as Addy/Addie...Adi is a Hebrew standalone name pronounced ah-DEE.
    They're cousins, not siblings, so I think it's fine. Adalie and Hattie are very different in style, so the proximity is very slight. I would, however, suggest Hattie as a nickname for a longer name, as Hattie feels insufficient.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

It's fine. The only shared syllable they have is the 'e' sound at the end. Other than that they're completely different.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

They do sound really close.
    But if Adi is 10 when you have a daughter they might get a kick out of having similar names. And who knows how you'll feel about it then.
    I'd say keep it on your list for now and reconsider later. (I might take Adalie off the list should it be on there though).
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Before I read your post, I was going to say that yes, they are too close. However, since they're cousins, I think it's fine.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Hmmm, I think it's OK as long as both girls have a longer name you can use if they're playing dumb--I knew sibs called Kayla and Kaleb, and they'd always pretend Mom was yelling for the other kid.

But an Adalie and a Harriet means that, while they can be called Adi and Hattie most of the time, there's a full name to fall back on to distinguish between them.
    And Miss Adalie might decide that she'd rather be nicknamed Ada or Lee or something else entirely, like Lightning the Magnificent. (I was a nanny for a few years. These things happen.)

Sounds like you've got a few years, and anything can happen. I wouldn't toss your cherished Hattie just yet.