Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Upper Class baby names

Anna over Waltzing more than Matilda posted about upper class baby names since its a topic that comes up a lot here, I figured that I would share the link. My opinions: My names lower class yet my siblings are upper class? (Adele and Isaac). I find some of these simply attempts to sound smart after all a Florence could be from a worse family then a Chantelle you just never really know. I know a Jaidyn who’s sister is named Janelle. And two Taylah’s board at my school and The only Pearl I know is indigenous (not being racist but they tend to earn less) an upper class name. Just because your name is Penelope doesn’t mean your parents are rich.

In short form I don't think class effects names at all I'm from a middle class family and my name is Ebony which in America is considered lower class while my siblings are the upper class Adele and Isaac.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

I'm in the middle of America, and Ebony is only considered lower-class if it's misspelled, and even then she wouldn't be treated differently solely due to her name--personality and confidence count more than anything else here, I think. Then, perhaps farther down the list, education and material wealth.

I am not sure I understood a single thing you wrote.

I had a look at the trendy middle and upper-class ba names from the Times and Telegraph, and was quite surprised at some of the names that sound unconventional... like Jago. I wonder if the upper classes are trying to find yewnique names in larger numbers nowadays?

Jago is a cornish name so not made up, its one of my favourites. I agree with you @charlieandperry1 sometimes you can but not always
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆