Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jago is a cornish name so not made up, its one of my favourites. I agree with you @charlieandperry1 sometimes you can but not always
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

Quote Originally Posted by verminator View Post
    I am not sure I understood a single thing you wrote.
    Well this, and

In my experience/research, names filter down through the classes and cycle through generations. Obviously, there are exceptions, but in general the lower classes will emulate the higher classes, then a name will die for a while.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Class and names are definitely related, but it's a case of connotation(associated/secondary meaning) rather than denotation(explicit/direct meaning). I think people get caught up in cause and effect, which is not the case at all. Parents are not required to give their children names that correspond with their class, and just because someone has a name that connotes a certain class doesn't mean that they will be in that class.

I come from a middle class family. My name is decidedly middle class, but it's a name with a lot of history and popularity, so the middle class "feel" of my name is just due to the popularity it's had. My sister and one of my brothers have middle-class names as well, but my other brother has a name that definitely sounds upper class. But this doesn't really do anything to refute the idea that names and class have nothing to do with each other, because it's all about general perception. Maybe there are a few people who don't associate the two, but they're the exceptions. It's not really a big deal. In a socially mobile society, a name says more about the parents than the child.

Upper class names where I am seem to be the lovely vintagey names or longer names with a nn.

Clementine
    Matilda
    Harriet
    Florence
    Georgina
    Gilbert
    Francesca

They will almost always get called by a nn. Just my experience.

Where I live, I've noticed that people in the upper class tend to use less 'younik' and trendy names and more traditional or popular names (For my generation, lots of Emilys, Sarah/Saras, Matthews, and Alexanders and less Alexises, Briannas, Codys and Devins).
    -lists currently under construction-