Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Laurel.

I'd never even heard of Lorelei before NB and I can't get my head around the pronunciation. And it does look a bit made up to me. I think Laurel has a much nicer sound to it and... I can't really describe it! It just looks and sounds better IMO.

Laurel. It's beautiful and earthy like you said, it's got the Arthurian connection (niece of Lyonesse & Lynette, wife of Agravain) and connection to the ancient Romans and Greeks.

Lorelei is gorgeous too though... I think of the sirens and Lorelei Rock in the Rhine...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I adore Laurel. It's got an elegance to it in its simplicity. Bay laurel trees are bursting with significance, and it's just a lovely name for girl or woman.

I prefer Laurel. It just sounds so light and airy, yet familiar. I have nothing against Lorelei, but Laurel wins in my opinion.
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Laurel! I think Laurel is so beautiful, but Lorelei... I just can't see it on an actual person. Despite Gilmore Girls. Which I loved. Lorelei has some adorable nns--Lola, Lila, Lora, Rory, etc.--but I tend to prefer Laurel immensely.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George